To have your workshop listed as an RID Sponsor approved activity:
- Contact NAOBI-DC at least 45 days before the date of the workshop to be approved for sponsored RID CEUs.
- Sponsors will provide you with the necessary paperwork to approve the activity for RID CEUs.
- CEUs for traditional activities will be determined following the formula of one (1) CEU being equal to ten (10) contact hours.
- CEUs for non-traditional activities, where the method of educational delivery does not lend itself to easy translation, will be determined by the sponsor, who will note the method for determining CEUs in the Activity Plan Form.
RID Approved Workshop Requirements
- Workshops approved for RID CEUs must have measurable educational objectives that must be published in the promotional announcements of the activity.
- In conformance with the local, state, provincial and federal statutes regarding disabilities, activities and facilities shall be accessible to all individuals.
- Advertisement for the workshop should have content level, name of the RID approved sponsor, target audience, solicitation request for reasonable accommodations, RID CMP and ACET logos, number of CEUs offered, content area and the refund and cancellation policy.
- The method of delivery should allow for and encourage active involvement on the part of the participants, feedback, and reinforcement of the learned knowledge or skill.